This is Kylo Ren’s helmet we printed for the Dec 2015 premiere of Star Wars, The Force Awakens.
HOW IT WAS MADE
We used the v.1 model made by JJ Industries. The helmet was 3d printed in parts (as it is available in this form) and then assembled and finished. The eyemask part was experimentally printed using NylForce Carbon Fiber material (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polyamide).
- Printer: HotRod Henry by Aye Aye Labs (standard version)
- Material used:1kg of different coloured PLA by Fiber Force; 150g NylForce Carbon Fiber (Carbon Fiber Polyamide)
- Number of parts: 9
- Numerous coats of spray paint, masking a different part each time
- Hand-painted eyemask part
- Hand-performed weathering
- © Luke Daley & ==JJ Industries == https://www.facebook.com/JJIndustriesUK/
- Available for download at https://www.myminifactory.com/object/jj-industries-kylo-ren-helmet-14106